Designed by celebrated custom knife maker Andrew Demko, our Spartan is one of our most popular folding knives. The Spartans super-sharp blade is made from Japanese AUS10A Steel, and was designed to echo the aesthetics and cutting performance of the world famous Kukri. Its distinctive Kopis-inspired handle is precision injection molded out of Griv-Ex with heat treated steel liners, and this, in addition to our famous Tri-Ad lock, makes for a knife that is incredibly safe and secure. The Spartan also features the patented Demko thumb plate, which can be used to open the knife like a conventional “one handed opener” or be snagged on the edge of a pocket during the draw stroke and opened at lightning speed!
- The Cold Steel Recon is a strong, durable, and effective mainstay in the world of tactical pocket knives.
- The steel blade features DLC coating for long-wearing use. The coating is black, rough to the touch, and super strong against scratches and wear.
- Cold Steel’s innovation is the safest folding knife locking system on the market, holding 800 lbs of hanging weight.
- Folding knife with ambidextrous pocket and belt clip for both right- and left-handed draws. Thin construction does not imprint in the pocket for a stealthy carry. Perfect for battle gear.
- A great everyday carry option for self-defense, battooning, stabbing, etc. The scales on the handle around the finger grooves provide excellent grip and ergonomic comfort.
- The blade is shouldered around the stop pin for increased resistance to wear and tear. The full surface of the lock and blade tang sit flush, making the lock system more secure.
- The choice of military, law enforcement special units, emergency services personnel, self defense professionals and martial artists alike.