Wes Crawford, the custom knife maker, has been a friend of Cold Steel for years, so we were happy to collaborate with him on the creation of an inexpensive version of one of his pricey custom “flippers”. The result was our new Crawford Model 1. Strongly resembling Wes’s custom knife, the blade features a wide saber grind and a strong, sharp point with plenty of belly for cutting and slashing. It’s made from Japanese 4034 Stainless and is hollow ground to a thin, razor edge that will cut at the slightest touch. And, because Wes’s “flipper” is integrated into the tang, it can be opened lightning fast! The handle of the Crawford Model 1 mimics Wes’s original’s profile and silhouette but is made from a strong (yet economical), glass reinforced nylon that includes traction rubber inlays, and a low-profile pocket clip. To keep your fingers safe from potential harm, we have equipped the Crawford 1 with our leaf spring lock, and a (patent pending) secondary safety mechanism that, when engaged is extremely resistant to shock and impact.
- Designed in collaboration with custom knife maker Wes Crawford and is the inexpensive version of his pricey custom flipper
- Blade features a wide saber grind and a strong, sharp point with plenty of belly for cutting and slashing; Integral “flipper” in the tang for lightning fast opening
- Made from Japanese 4034 Stainless and is hollow ground to a thin, razor edge that will cut at the slightest touch
- Handle made from strong glass reinforced nylon material that includes traction rubber inlays and a low-profile pocket clip; Equipped with our leaf spring lock and secondary safety mechanism for safety and extreme shock and impact resistance
- Specifications: 3 1/2″ blade length, 3 7/8″ handle length, 4.1 oz weight